I hope you are all enjoying your weekend (even after UK had that loss to LSU... ouch!) For this week leading up to Fall Break (and a little bit of the week after), we'll be talking about the first European Explorers in North America. Most of you have probably heard of Christopher Columbus, but we'll be learning about a lot more than him!
Parents, don't forget that the next payment for our trip to Washington D.C. is due this week, so please make sure you get it in ASAP! "Walk-to-School Day" is also this week, and I'll be sending home some info about that on Tuesday.
As for this week's Geography Questions...
Geography Questions, Week 4
Answer your Questions on a sheet of White-lined paper
No, you do not have to write out the questions
Due Friday, October 7, 2011
1. Review: What are the names of the SEVEN Continents?
2. Review: What are the names of the FIVE Oceans?/
3. Name the small country on the border between North America and South America that starts with the letter P.
4. There are two large islands in the north Atlantic Ocean that both end with the word "_______LAND." Name them both.
5. Look at a map of Massachusetts. Identify the two small islands off its Southeast Coast. Hint: They start with the letters M and N
6. Name the SEA in between Alaska and Russia that starts with the letter B.
7. Find the state of Maine. What is the name of the large Gulf to its Northeast?
(hint: S___ L___________)
8. On one of John Cabot's voyages, he traveled from England to Newfoundland (in Canada). About how many miles did he travel?
9. Greenland was discovered by the Vikings hundreds of years before Columbus landed in North America. What is the name of the BAY to its west? It starts with the letter B.
10. What Asian country is shown below in yellow?
Bonus #2- What is located at 34˚ 23 min 0 sec N 6˚ 18 min 16 sec W
PS - Have you seen our school theme for this year yet? See the video below...